This Wiltshire Council programme is provided to support schools effectively address the health and wellbeing of children and young people.
St Sampson’s Primary School is committed to using a whole school approach and teaching Personal, Social, Health and Economic education, with the aim to actively promote learning and healthy lifestyle choices. Currently there are 139 schools who are part of the Wiltshire Healthy Schools Programme.
The Wiltshire Healthy Schools programme demonstrates the effective provision of:
- A Whole School Approach to health and wellbeing.
- PSHE education across all year groups.
- Healthy Weight (incorporating Healthy Eating and Physical Activity)
- Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health.
Some of the projects that we have been involved in include:
- Sport England Active Lives Survey
- National Schools Sports Week
- Balanceability and Bikeability schemes
- North Wilts School Sports Cluster – CPD, festivals, competitions and leagues
We also support: NSPCC, Children in Need and Anti Bullying Week
The school has been awarded the Wiltshire Healthy Schools Silver Award (achieved 2022) in recognition of our sustained commitment to the health and wellbeing of our children. We are currently working towards Healthy Schools Gold. Our aim is to look deeper at teaching and learning both in our school and the wider community.